LiveRebel 2.0 is here.
We at ZeroTurnaround are releasing version 2.0 of LiveRebel today!
What is LiveRebel about, dude?
LiveRebel 2.0 is an out-of-the-box solution to end slow, inefficient production deployment processes that often happen at 3 AM by overworked operations staff.
With LiveRebel, now every single update is:
- 100% reversible
- fully automated
- instantaneous in case of minor updates
What does this mean to you?
It means that when something does go wrong, as it inevitably does, there is a panic button to press that will make it all better.
It means that because your application stays online, your updates can be done during the day and businesses don’t have to hide from their customers or lose a cent of revenue.
LiveRebel 2.0 now supports multiple update strategies:
- Hotpatching strategy updates the application instance in-memory, without pausing for a moment.
- Rolling restart strategy takes each server down at a time for update, but the users don’t notice a thing as they are automatically routed to instance with their session.
- Offline update strategy will take all servers down and do a clean restart, the user requests will still resume when servers are up.
How to install it?
Nice walk-through is available here , but it’s simple. Just 3 steps:
- Download the archive. It comes with 90 day evaluation license.
- Unzip it
- Run the command center
Here’s is a very short video, that shows the install process:
Waw this is what I exactly need. I will send the link to my colleagues.
Thanks John. Please note this is still RC. 2.0 will be out this week. :)
Is this working with the latest GlasFish from Oracle?
True. 3.1.1 is supported
Both OpenSource and ClosedSource?