Reveal the secret :O
My name is Bogomil, but most people call me Bogo (as in Buy-one-Give-One for Free).
I started my career a long time ago. My first job was as a shepherd. I was at school, and I needed money. Believe it or not, I have learned a lot from it :)
After that, I used to sell small goods, and when I finished high school, I joined the Bulgarian Army. I spent five years in intelligence doing some secret military stuff.
After five years, I realized I needed a change, and to escape the Army’s stupidity I decided to pursue my dream – to work in IT.
I have spent 20+ as a web developer, architect, analyst, manager, product person, and program manager in different environments, several countries, and multiple software industries like Healthcare and Hospitality.
I wore many hats, using the knowledge gathered to optimize the flow of value across complex systems.
I care about privacy, ethical design, and freedom in many aspects.
What else is worth mentioning:
- I am a Pirate! My signature is on the establishment act of Pirate Parties International.
- I ran for the European Parliament to fight for our digital rights. (do you remember the data retention directive?)
- I discovered a massive data leak from Facebook.
- I was on Forbes twice :) On Wikileaks and Globalvoices once :)
- I am a Mozillian – I contributed to a series of items on Firefox and other open-source Mozilla projects. (write about: credits in Mozilla and search for my name)
- I organized a good number of protests to defend our digital rights
- I have founded a small company and managed more than 30 events (for developers, hackers, and designers) in the USA and Europe.
Thanks for your interest!
You can find the Fediverse (Mastodon) account here: @email@example.com
See my homepage to see what I do and my latest articles written just for you.
If you want to hire me, check my resume if I am available.
If you want to get in touch and you like the good ol’ email, you can send me one to bogomil@ this website.