If you are going to Fosdem 2012, here is some useful hotel info.
- Hotels near to Grand Place and to the Delirium Cafe (yes, the party is there). This location is near to all sights and it’s good idea to stay here instead near to the FOSDEM venue;
- Cheapest hotels in Brussels.
- Hotels near to the ULB – the venue
- The nearest hostel to the Venue is Hostel Brussels Louise (Price is about 19E/person/day)
Personally I can recommend CitaDines apartments, because there is a small kitchen included into the price and you can make a dinner or breakfast. If you are more than 2 people, they can offer you a really great offer and it’s near to the bus stop for FOSDEM bus.
FOSDEM is a free and non-commercial event organized by the community for the community. The goal is to provide Free Software and Open Source developers and communities a place to meet to:
- + Get in touch with other developers and projects;
- + Be informed about the latest developments in the Free Software and Open Source world;
- + Attend interesting talks and presentations held in large conference rooms by Free Software and Open Source project leaders and committers on various topics;
- + To promote the development and the benefits of Free Software and Open Source solutions.
- + and to SHARE knowledge with each other
Sharing the knowledge and ideas is the most valuable think you can get during FOSDEM and it’s free. There is no excuse not to be there.
If you are worried about anything, just feel free to ask me and I will help you, especially if this will be your first visit. If you are living for Free software NOR Open Source – you must be there.
(cc) Image is under CC lisense by bertogg