lives for the better, is open to out-of-the-box thinking, and is
close to my values.
I care about privacy, security, ethical design, and freedom.
I spend 20+ years working as a web developer and architect,
analyst, manager, product owner/manager and program
manager in different environments, several countries, and
multiple software industries.
Furthermore, I wore many hats, and I use the knowledge
gathered to optimize the flow of value across complex
I contribute to Free software and Open-source projects and
initiatives. I am a certified Agilist and an Agile coach.
07/2022 – Present
Avast -> GEN
Director of Program Management
09/2021 – 06/2022
Portworx by Pure Storage
Technical Program Manager (K8s)
– Managed an impossible deadline by agreeing on changes with all the stakeholders (VP level and bellow)
– Worked with the engineering teams on estimation and introducing good practices to help us succeed
– Drove the security work needed for the public release -> Static code analysis, Vulnerability Management, Pen testing, Network security, SIEM logging and more
03/2019 – 08/2021
Staff Technical Program Manager
– Manage and optimize the flow of value by identifying and solving the anti-patterns and unnecessary dependencies.
– CI/CD process alignment across multiple teams.
– I apply Lean-Agile knowledge and tools to optimize the flow of valueacross complex systems through system thinking.
– I grow a mindset for planning, coordination, decision-making, and improving to help my 130 people in 16 Agile teams across the world succeed.
– I am a Security booster – I lead a program to teach people how to perform threat modeling better.
-I facilitate good practices sharing and scaling through Community of Practices (Scrum Master, RTE)
– I am in the foundation of any process change – product and
05/2018 – 11/2018
Senior Technical Product Manager (Security, Identity, Data)
– Developed a solution to protect the baseline of revenue with the GM at risk more than $3M.
-Worked on a strategy for protecting the micro-services architecture and optimizing it for delivering the value faster.
-Was able to re-focus the teams from thinking about the long-term goal only to sprint-based goals and setting useful measures of success.
– Introduced the concept of being serious about Data protection by pushing for GPG based data encryption.
– Used the learning from the Retrospective meetings to make the life of the teams easier.
04/2017 – 04/2018
Senior Technical Product Manager(Data Ingestion and Ops)
expansion, valued $14M
– 50% faster deployment process
– Clear Roadmap with cross-team dependencies
– Enhanced Capacity Planning
– Streamlined stakeholder communication that leads to fast resolution time
– Pushed OpenSource Culture within the company
– Keeping the team happy
10/2014 – 02/2017
Senior Analyst/PM (Data Science)
Designing use-cases, stories, flow and process diagrams for science
– Price and CRM optimization products
– Designing the complete process (start-to-end) for all of the teams involved
– Responsible for the Cloud product for creating Single-Tenant Science
– Applications (roadmap, requirements, testing, implementation)
– Constant stakeholder communication
– Science algorithms exploration for dynamic clustering and predictive analytics
– User Interface design and UX persona and journey maps creation Participation in the estimate evaluation
04/2001 – 09/2014
Products, Web, Agile
– I learned on how to dream big and fail with SEP Bulgaria
– I learned on how to design and write scalable applications with Netinfo JSC
– I learned all the aspects on how to be a great product person workingfor ZeroTurnaround, Glogster, Usersnap and more great products.
– I managed a team of more than 10 programmers, and we delivered a product that was in use for 15 years
09/1996 – 03/2001
– Intelligence gathering
– Electronic warfare
– Combat training
– and more
Agile Coaching by ICAgile
Privacy Engineering by Data Protocol
You could find more certificates at my Credly profile.
An Excerpt from PI Index
Bogomil is an intense, results-oriented, self-starter whose drive and sense of urgency are tempered anddisciplined by a concern for the accuracy and quality of the work. Their approach to activities and
responsibilities will be well-thought-out, based on thorough analysis and detailed knowledge of all pertinent facts.
Imaginative and venturesome, this individual is creative and capable of developing new ideas, systems, plans or technology, or of analyzing and improving old ones.