We have a new community site. It is based on WordPress 3.0.1 and Budypress. What are the features:
1. We have community. Anyone can:
- share information to the website activity wall;
- write to his/her own blog;
- join groups by topic (SUMO, Thunderbird, Firefox, L10n, Development and others);
- join and create events;
- read the information from other members;
- use the usable control panel to manage an account and to connect with other mozillians.
3. We are ready to extend with web 2.0 services like twitter and other (no Facebook sorry);
4. The platform (WordPress and Budypress) is very easy to install and run a community website. If you want we can help you to create a Mozilla community website. We will do it together, just send us a note (and a beer).
The champagne will be open on your next community meeting. We have some improvements in our roadmap.
We are searching for a good SUMO forum for our community. Any suggestions?
It will be very cool if we have a global Mozilla network, not only hundreds of community sites. Something like a profile in a server with OpenID or Oauth support. I would like to use our website like an interface to this service only and to be able to connect with a lot of mozillians, not only registered in my country.