My name is Bogomil, but most people call me Bogo.
I started my career a long time ago. My first job was as a shepherd. I was at school, and I needed money. Believe it or not, I have learned a lot from it :)
After that, I used to sell small goods, and when I finished high school, I joined the Bulgarian Army. I spent five years in intelligence doing some secret military stuff.
After five years, I realized I needed a change, and to escape the Army’s stupidity, I decided to pursue my dream – to work in IT.
I spend some time as a web developer and architect, analyst, manager, and product person in different environments (click here to view my Linkedin Profile), several countries, and multiple software industries like Healthcare and Hospitality.
I wore many hats, and I use the knowledge gathered to optimize the flow of value across complex systems.
I care about privacy, ethical design, and freedom in many aspects.
What else is worth mentioning:
- I am a Pirate! My signature is on the establishment act of Pirate Parties International.
- I ran for the European parliament with the idea to fight for our digital rights.
- I discovered a massive data leak from Facebook.
- I was on Forbes twice :) On Wikileaks and Globalvoices once :)
- I am a Mozillian – I contributed to series of items on Firefox and other opensource Mozilla projects. (write about:credits in Mozilla and search for my name)
- I organized a good number of protest for defending our digital rights
- I have founded a small company and organized more than 30 events (for developers, hackers, and designers) in the USA and Europe.
Thanks for your interest!